Friday, April 24, 2009

At The Park

I stole an hour during lunch and explored the Oosterpark today. Lucky you, I took a camera!



Like most parks in A'dam, this one is very bike friendly. Typically you ride around until you find a likely spot, then chain your bike up behind the nearest park bench.



No, not litter. This is my lunch! $3 Subway Club, special of the day. With spicy sauce! Eat fresh, baby.



I put my back against a tree and enjoyed the view while I ate my sammich. Plenty of ducks were sailing by.



Along with the occasional dog.



Have you ever seen such blue skies?



I was far from the only person enjoying the perfect weather.



Some people might ask, "Why make a statue of a boy riding a goat?" Here in The Netherlands we ask, "Why NOT make a statue of a boy riding a goat?"



It's about 18 degrees Celsius today. In Florida, that means it's time to roll up your long sleeves.



In Amsterdam, that means it's time to put on shorts and a t-shirt and catch some rays.

In fact there were many folks decked out in swimwear.



The fences keep the city out.



Hope you enjoyed this trip to the park almost as much as I did!

In posts to come - visits from friends and some more exploration of the city.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

One of my friends just came back from living several months in Belgium. She also visited Amsterdam, and mentioned how she had one of the best hamburgers ever there. This of course, caught me off guard since I've heard you complain about the burgers in your burg. :-) I asked here where she had hers at. She said it's an easy place to find. It's the burger place next to the Heineken beer factory. Have you been there? I think it actually had "pancake" in the name of the place, but she said the burgers were incredibly good.